The outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic has faced businesses and organisations across all sectors with new and unfamiliar challenges. Fighting the virus and preserving life demands social distancing from each and every one of us – as well as fresh and stringent approaches to hygiene, sanitation and infection control. However, few solutions allow facilities to actively monitor their visitors for established signs of infection. In this regard, fever screening systems have an important role to play in how we use our public spaces.
Understanding the benefits of fever screening in public places requires an understanding of the symptoms of coronavirus:
- A loss of smell and/or taste;
- A new, persistent cough; and
- A high temperature.
Our understanding of Covid-19 continues to change on a daily basis, with many elements of the virus remaining mysterious to scientists and researchers. However, early evidence has found the above symptoms to be fairly typical of infected patients (outside the realm of asymptomatic cases, which have been found to form a significant proportion of cases).
This means that being vigilant of the above symptoms can help businesses and organisations protect their staff and visitors, allowing them to take precautionary and preemptive steps in these challenging times. And, whilst a raised temperature is only one way of determining if a person may be infected with Covid-19, fever screening can be combined with social distancing and hygiene infrastructure to offer greater peace of mind around working environments, as well as schools and a variety of public spaces.
As businesses and organisations move into a new kind of normal, what are the benefits of Harling Security’s fever screening systems in public places? Let’s take a look:
- Monitors up to 30 individuals at one time;
- Plug-and-Play model for ultimate convenience and ease-of-use
- Accurate to +/- 0.5°
- Effective if individuals are holding hot drinks or wearing hats, scarves and even balaclavas, reducing likelihood of false alarms;
- Minimal cleaning of equipment required;
- One second to detect skin-surface temperature of an individual;
- Simultaneous, multi-person detection;
- No physical contact thanks to non-contact measurement;
- Immediate alarms to notify operators;
- Reduction in false alarms thanks to AI detection;
- Temperature measurement range: 30-45 degrees C;
- Working temperature: 10-35 degrees C; and
- Quality of Product: All products are manufactured to the highest of standards including our Black Body Calibration* device – all of which are CE Certified.
We’re proud to provide top-of-the-range fever screening products which offer several advantages over other thermal imaging solutions. When you choose Harling Security, you can work with added peace of mind around the protection of your premises and those who enter it. To inquire around our range of fever screening systems or to discuss how we can help your business, school or organisation enter the new normal safely, get in touch with our expert team today.