Harling Security are specialists in automatic security gates for commercial and educational premises. Our bi-folding and speed gates come in a wide range of designs, with most gates being bespoke and made to measure.
Gates are available to suit most requirements, from delivery and service road gates, main entrance gates, car park gates and gates to form part of an air lock system. Automatic bifold gates are usually used in confined spaced with restricted opening space, or when rapid opening speed is needed. Names and logos can also be added to any of our gates.
When ordering an automatic bifold gate from Harling Security, we offer a free consultation and quotation service prior to placing an order. Once an order has been placed, we will carry out a final survey to finalise all details and controls, then drawings will be raised for approval prior to manufacture. Installation is carried out by some of the industry’s most highly trained gate automation engineers and the gates are installed with intensive usage, high spec commercial grade automation providing some of the most reliable gates in the UK and we even offer remote engineer log-on systems to save call-outs.
Harling Security’s automatic bifold gates come with a unique child safe, triple protection system for the gate safety devices, to specially suit educational and busy environments. Harling Security’s automatic bifold gates comply with all relevant Health and Safety requirements and are fully commissioned, Risk assessed and force tested upon completion. All automatic gates are provided with an O&M manual on completion, which includes all legally required documentation, including: a force test, a Risk assessment, CE marking with a unique serial number, a declaration of conformity, installation sign off documentation, operating instructions, gate technical file, Electrical test certificate and service log, all provided in a ring bound folder for the customers records. Harling Security also retain a copy for back up if needed.
Harling Security also provide fully compliant ongoing servicing and maintenance with an emergency call out service if needed and for peace of mind.
Bi-folding Gate Features
- Manual override facility as standard in case of power failure
- Unique and proven safety features for educational and busy public environments
- Installed with a built-in obstacle detection system, safety beams and multiple touch sensitive category 3 safety edges as standard
- High performance, advanced, commercial grade drive and motor units for intensive usage
- Smooth and reliable operating systems
- Can be linked to almost any access control system
- 3 year parts warranty on automation (subject to terms and conditions)
- Robust locking systems
- Security rated options
- Fast operating speeds
- Robust construction and renowned build quality
- Durable maintenance free powder coated finish
- Galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461 as standard for the highest protection against corrosion
- Fully compliant with current regulations
- Fully tested and certified upon completion with all necessary documentation
- Manufactured and installed to DHF and gate safe recommendations
- Steel, stainless steel or timber material options
- Wide range of polyester powder coated colour finishes
- Bespoke and standard designs available
- Gates can be made to match any type of fencing
- Names or logos can be added to the front of the gates
- Single or double leaf options
- Standard or high-speed options
Gate Control Options
- Intercom systems to allow visitors to contact reception (Wireless, GSM, video and audio)
- Access control systems (PC based and standalone options)
- Pedestrian and vehicle entry options
- Remote control fobs
- Timer operation
- Keypad entry
- Key switch and push button
- Fire brigade emergency access switch
- ANPR and CCTV systems
- Airlock systems
- Biometric and facial recognition systems
- Traffic light systems
- Free exit and induction loop operation
- Can be connected to fire and intruder alarms
- Can be linked to BMS systems
- Schools and Colleges
- High security applications
- Fast operating
- Restricted opening space
- Entrances and exits
- High usage
- Car parks
- Delivery and service road areas
- High end residential
We’re proud to say that we are Gate Safe and DHF accredited installers, ensuring that all our installations meet and exceed industry standards.
Automatic Bi-folding Speed Gates
Make an Entrance with Harling Security
Being in control of who enters your premises, which vehicles, when and for whatever reasons, is essential. Whether for security and protection, safety, or for insurance purposes, having a dependable, adjustable, and secure system is essential for your peace of mind.
Harling Security is the go-to company for automated security bi-folding electric gates for an impressive list of schools, colleges, and Academies in the UK.
Our dedicated highly-skilled team of qualified and professional engineers can design and manufacture any bespoke gate design using the latest technologies and products, and we work alongside architects as well as our clients to develop and ensure the complete installation of your bi-folding gates system to fit your specific requirements. Our bi-folding gate solutions offer you the chance to have an automated security gate in an area that a standard gate wouldn’t suitably fit, as well as peace of mind knowing that they are also some of the most reliable gates available on the market.
Our bi-folding gates are often used where there are continual or high levels of car and foot traffic, including vehicle entrances areas where the bi-folding gate must close after each individual vehicle passes through and can then quickly open again for the next one, stopping tailgating.
Our bi-folding gates’ innovative design, skilled manufacture, and careful installation are what reinforces our offer for the new automatic bi-folding and speed gates. The opening and closing speed of our bi-folding speed gates can be as little as 7 – 10 seconds, though this will, of course, depends on the size of the driveway entrance span that the gate needs to cover.
As with all the automatic gate types we design, manufacture and install at Harling, Security, safety, and security are, of course, of paramount importance. All automatic folding or swing gates can cause problems if proper measures aren’t put in place by their very design. Because of the physical speed at which our commercial bi-folding gates are designed to open and close, they can arguably present a safety risk in themselves. Therefore, we guarantee that all our bi-folding gates fully meet or exceed the legal safety requirements.
Bi-fold Gates – Special Features
There are a number of exceptional features our bi-folding gates can offer you, which include, amongst others:
- Opening and closing in less time than a traditional swing or sliding gate, which is really useful where security requirements dictate that an entrance should only remain open for a minimum period of time, such as a school driveway
- Our gates are fully automated and can be timed according to need.
The gates open automatically when the linked ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) system detects a pre-approved registration number. Fobs can also be issued to those with approved access, and an intercom system allows for visitors to be monitored and admitted. Our systems are fully controlled electronically, with the timings adjusted as needed to close more quickly or remain open longer.
This means that security is enhanced dramatically, as the presence of visitors and vehicles on-site is managed recorded via the CCTV system.
- Our bi-folding gates take-up less space when open, which is useful in a situation where there’s limited gate opening space
- Compared to a conventional swing gate, they can deal with gradients as the full span of the gate obviously does not extend to the same length when it opens and closes
- Our bespoke bi-fold design service ensures that our bi-folding gates are designed, manufactured, and installed to suit the exact site requirements you require and are both operational as well as aesthetically pleasing.
Over and above the necessary width and height dimensions of the gates, critical considerations for your driveway folding gate design would be:
- What type of material and style options will be used to match your existing fencing – for example, welded mesh, palisade, or balustrade?
- What do you want the finish and color to be? Harling Security can powder coat to any color or create unique bespoke colors to match your corporate branding or school or college colors. If you decide you want the company or school logo to be included on the face of the gates, this is something we can handle and which will involve using our state-of-the-art laser-cutting technology.
- In relation to the bespoke folding gates’ design, you’ll need to decide what type of access control system you want used based on your institution’s operational requirements. There are a range of access control options and include radio remote control, proximity detectors, number plate recognition, magnetic card reader, induction loop detector, local or remote bush button, CCTV remote control. These additional options also apply to sliding gates.
When ordering an automatic bi-fold gate from Harling Security, we offer driveway gates free consultation and quotation service before you place an order. Once a gate bi order has been placed, we will carry out a final survey to finalize all the finer details and controls. Then drawings will be raised for approval before manufacture.
Our highly-trained gate automation engineers carry out the installation of your folding gate, and your driveway gates are installed with intensive usage, high spec commercial-grade automation, which ensures we are able to provide some of the most reliable gates in the UK.
Harling Security’s school gates come with a unique child-safe triple protection system for the gate safety devices to specially suit school environments. Harling Security’s automatic gates comply with all relevant Health and Safety requirements and are fully commissioned, risk assessed, and force tested upon completion.
All our automatic gates bi is provided with an O&M manual on completion, which includes all legally required documentation, including a force test, a risk assessment, CE marking with a unique serial number, a declaration of conformity, installation sign off documentation, operating instructions, gate technical file, electrical test certificate, and service log, all of which are provided in a ring-bound folder for the schools’ records. Harling Security also retains a copy for back-up, if needed.
Included in our gates bi package, Harling Security also provide fully compliant ongoing servicing and maintenance with an emergency call-out service if needed and for your peace of mind.
If you’d like additional information concerning our security and safety bi-folding gates, contact us by phone or email for a friendly chat with our customer service team, who’d be delighted to help.
Call us today on 0845 177 0540 for further information!