The below is a short list of documentation that is legally required when purchasing, owning or maintaining an automatic gate or barrier for a commercial or public property or site.
- The barrier or gate should be supplied with an O&M manual (Usually a ring bound file containing all of the below documentation)
- A user instruction manual
- An electrical test certificate is required
- A maintenance log should be kept on site
- The gate or barrier should be properly maintained and serviced as specified by the manufacturer, (which is usually every 6 months) by a competent installer (a service contract is needed to ensure the customer is not responsible for the maintenance – this puts the responsibility for the safety back on to the company)
- A force test is required
- A Risk assessment is required (for the gate safety)
- CE marking is required with a unique serial or identification number
- A Declaration of conformity is needed to show compliance
- A certificate of compliance is required
If your gate or barrier does not have all of the above, it is quite likely not legal and doesn’t meet current regulations. All products supplied by Harling Security meet these requirements.